Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Two that Got Away

There are two dresses that I think about from time to time during my moments of dress-doubt.  One of the hard things for me about shopping for dresses was eliminating all those that for whatever reason, weren't as good as the top choice.  I know that sounds silly and obvious, but different dresses convey different feelings/moods/qualities and you'd like to be able to take advantage of all of those.

Here were my runner-ups.  Please meet Anya and Arnaude.

I fell in love with the simple elegance of Anya. Anya hails from Amsale, and was so simply chic, elegant, and Jackie O.  This is probably the one time I'm going to say this, but it looked better on me than it does on this model (probably b/c she is too emaciated to fill it out, even a little).




Alas, I felt that maybe she was *too* sophisticated for me, that the high neckline swallowed me up and imposed on me an older identity than I wanted. 


Finally, there was Arnaude. Oh, Arnaude.  I found Arnaude in a bridal salon called Hitched in Washington DC, a friendly little place in Georgetown.  I just about lost it over this dress:



My heart actually squeezes a little when I look at this dress.  I even made an appointment to meet the Ulla-Maija designer at an upcoming trunk show so that I could get a better idea of how the draping would look on me.

However, in the end, not meant to be.  The cost of both these dresses was definitely a barrier, and I also felt like maybe the high necklines, albeit bee-yoo-tee-ful, were perhaps not as alluring?  I dunno. I still think these dresses are gorgeous, but that's the way the cookies crumble.

Any dresses you still dream about?

1 comment: