Friday, February 12, 2010

The Worried Pug

Time can do funny things--makes you forget and distorts memory, for better or for worse. 

I've told you a little about my dress.  Here's a reminder, with someone else wearing it (and yes, she's got much bigger boobs than I do, which some of you commented on the first time I posted this--thanks).

 

Recently, I had my first fitting.  It was the first time I had seen my dress in over a year.

I admit, I was a little apprehensive.  After all, I did not have the "aha!" moment when I found my dress, and doubts ensued.  I narrowed down the cause of my concern to two possible reasons, neither of which really assuaged my dress doubts. 

Possible Reason #1 for Dress Doubt
I had looked at so many dresses that my eventual decision became somewhat...scientific, if you will, because in this dress I had found several features of other dresses that I liked. 

It had the: (1) rouched bodice; (2) asymmetrical waistline; (3) slight but not deep sweetheart neckline; and (4) fit and flare skirt. So it's like a math equation where the sum equals the the right dress, right? RIGHT???

Had I overly focused on these specific features above the holistic appearance of the dress? Was it just wrong to try to be so "logical" in buying a dress?  Was it an experimental formula gone wrong?   


Get me a fire extinguisher, stat!

Possible Reason #2 for Dress Doubt
Perhaps, after trying on about 100 dresses, I was suffering from dress fatigue, and allowed my desire to be done with the whole thing cloud my judgment. Oh why oh WHY didn't I have an energizing cookie before my appointment?

I was a worried pug.

 
(I'm not sure my pug is actually worried in this photo, but pugs just kinda have a worried look, you know?)

Did any of you have dress doubt? What were the reasons?

1 comment: