Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Wedding MO

Having read countless posts from fellow bees regarding their amazing weddings and looking at photos from other weddings on the internet, I kinda feel like I could be putting more effort into my wedding, like DIY-ing more stuff and doing my own flowers.  But I can't complain, because to a certain extent, it's all my fault! And I own it! It's all due to my modus operandi: Laziness (and DIY inability).  Folks, I won't lie--excited as I have been about planning this wedding, I am a lazy ass. 

If I could do this for a living, I would:

I am so pretty.

There are several components from this wedding that I decided from the get-go not to include, or dropped along the way.

Changing My Last Name
(okay this isn't exactly a wedding detail but whatever, you consistency police)  I didn't even really enter a debate in my mind over whether to change my name.  I guess if I really thought about it I would say that I like my first and last name together, and I don't feel the need to change my last name.  But that would be a mask of the real reason, which is that it seems like an awful lot of effort to change my name on every official paper, account, credit card, and whatnot. Soooo not gonna do it. Too tired. Maybe later. Or not.


Bridal Party
As fun as it would be to have a bridal party, my sister and my college friend K (who will also be our officiant) have taken such a big role in the wedding, and that is more than plenty without actually calling them bridesmaids.  When they ask me what they should wear, I yawn and say whatever they want. I don't want to be responsible for someone's dress, shoes, jewelry, or whatever. I'm watching TV and can't be bothered.
 
 
 
Veil and Bouquet
Veils and bouquets are lovely. Of course they are. And if I wanted them, I would have to spend time, effort and money to get them.  So I decided that I didn't want them.


This is me after eating breakfast.

What kind of details have you foregone in order to save your energy and sanity?

1 comment: