Monday, March 1, 2010

DIY Stress

It's March.

Twenty months after we became engaged, I find myself at the beginning of the month that always seemed sooo far away. And now it's March. 2010 (the year that also seemed sooo far away).

I know that in reality, my to-do list is manageable.  I believe there is an inevitable craziness that occurs the last few weeks preceding the wedding.  But I know what we have to do and it's all, well, doable.

Right?

Regardless of my attempt to have "perspective", the flutters of anxiety have begun and persist (and it only *just* became March).  I just mentioned that I have my to-do list, and that with the immense help of my sister and others, we will get things done--so why the flutters?

Because.

What if it's not a complete to-do list? We all forget something. And what if things that seem simple now end up being a major fiasco to complete? What about all the potential roadblocks and problems?

I am. Worrying about hypotheticals that I don't need to worry about.

I am. Creating a certain amount of stress for myself because it's "March".

I am. Generating anxiety because I feel like I *should* be panicking or doing something, because if I'm not, clearly I am missing the boat and the wedding will go up in flames.

I am. Getting lost in the fact that there are a myriad of moving parts that each require a list of details to be meddled with, instead of focusing on the fact that all the tasks are manageable.

I am. Writing this because I need to get it off my chest and it makes me see how ridiculous my self-created stress is.

Thanks, hive.

Any of you feel/felt the same way a few weeks before your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment