Sunday, May 9, 2010

Before You Start Eating...

When guests found their way to their tables, they would have found their menus at each place setting.  I think there's something kind of exciting about opening up a restaurant menu and perusing the delicious choices.  We wanted the dinner reception to feel like a real treat for the guests, so menus were a must.

To create the menus, I got myself some wedding elves (i.e. my sister and her husband).  Then, I purchased metallic sage 5 x 5 cardstock from Paper Presentation. My sister Gocco'd our infamous artichoke image on the cardstock, and then inkjet printed menu text that I had created in Word.

My brother in law rounded the corners and meticulously spray glued each menu onto another, slightly larger (5.75 x 5.75) piece of cardstock, in Caramel Metallic.

Final product:
Personal photo


And what, my hungry hive, were these menus describing?  Here are the tasty morsels we chose for our guests' enjoyment.

Half Moon Bay Artichoke Bisque with Goat Cheese Flan

Pan Seared Scallop with Polenta Cake

Pancetta Wrapped Black Cod with Leek Fondue

Golden Vanilla Cake with choice of Cookies 'n' Cream or Caramel Toffee Frosting

And they washed it all down with a choice of Tablas Creek “Cote de Tablas” (2005), Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc (2007), or Domaine Chandon Brut Rose.
 
I'm very, very happy to say that the food was one of the highlights at the wedding--everything was delicious and I think our guests were quite pleased.  Food was one of the most important aspects of the wedding to us, and we could not have been more satisfied.

What kind of tasty morsels are you looking forward to chowing on at your wedding?

All photos courtesy of CK Hwang/39 East Photography unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment