Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pug Vendors Part I

Here's my big list 'o' vendors and details.

Bridal Attire and Appearance
Bridal Salon: Hannelore's, Alexandria, Virginia
Hannelore's has a wide selection of dresses and is a full-service bridal shop.  My sales consultant Sally was very pleasant and patient, although overall the store felt a tad impersonal to me.  Also, if you do buy your dress there and you do not have complicated alterations, I highly recommend going elsewhere for the alterations because Hannelore's alteration fees are fairly outrageous.  My dress was Marisa #775.  Would anybody like to buy? I'm selling it.

Alterations: Ellen's Couture, New York City
Ellen's is just a few blocks from my apartment, so score on that front (and if it sounds familiar, it's because Miss Trail Mix used Ellen's as well!).  Ellen is a no-nonsense kind of woman but her service is still personal.  She made a halter strap for my dress, hemmed the dress, and added an inner layer (to prevent the skirt from getting caught in between my legs when I walked) for half the price of Hannelore's.


Accessories: Earrings from Macy's
Macy's is Macy's, not much to say about that.  The earrings I eventually found were genuine cubic zirconia. I know, you're impressed.

(phone was in there for scale)

Shoes for Ceremony: Tahari Rose peep-toe pumps from DSW
Simple and cute. I'm not a huge shoe person and these more than fit my admittedly low aesthetic bill.

Super comfy.  Pug-approved.
Hair and Makeup: Aimee Lam 
I love Aimee.  I knew Aimee was the person to do my hair and makeup when I went in for my very fun and fabulous trial.  She is sweet, professional, and very meticulous. She is quite popular, so book early if interested--I reserved her in August 2009 for my March 2010 wedding, and in August there was already someone else interested in hiring her as well.  I beat them! I totally beat them!!

I spent much more money on hair and makeup than I had planned, but after a very lackluster trial with someone who cost half as much, it was worth it to me to splurge. Aimee played a crucial part in making me look my best for the wedding day. 

I wore no veil or other jewelry besides our rings.  Speaking of rings...

Rings
DLH is a small boutique in NYC from where Kevin and I purchased our wedding bands as well as my engagement ring.  We loved the personal service and unique designs of DLH.  If you're on the email list, they have pretty good sales every once in a while--we purchased our wedding bands during a 50% sale.

Personal photo

Doesn't it look like Kevin's ring could swallow mine? Bully.
CK Hwang/39 East Photography

Any vendors that you've been loving and would like to share?  And while I'm thinking about it, what ring size is your significant other? What ring size are you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment